- USA - Orlando Florida, 32819
Aligns business unit recruiting needs/goals with company-wide human resources mission. Develops and implements recruiting processes tailored to each business unit that will attract and retain high caliber employees for all levels of exempt positions. Uses business knowledge to prepare management for long-term staffing needs and subsequent recruiting strategies. Manages selection process to present qualified candidates within the defined service and performance criteria. Leads managers to best final hire decision with feedback based on experienced judgment. Wisely uses the influence and visibility of this position to promote Universal Orlando as an employer of choice internally and externally. Ensures compliance with all federal and state regulatory requirements along with company policy. Manages responsibility for senior level recruiting searches.
- Recognized by client groups as the “go to” person for expert counsel in comprehensive recruitment and staffing issues (internal and external), policies, and processes. Demonstrates flexibility by tailoring recruitment processes and interviewing techniques to the open position and hiring manager. Leads managers to raise standards and the evaluation of candidates. Initiates meetings with department’s business objectives, goals, operations and work culture. Follows up with new hires and managers to match expectations for retention purposes and future recruiting needs.
- Plans, develops and implements recruitment and staffing strategy plan based on department needs with special emphasis on a well-qualified and diverse pool of candidates, timeliness, and cost effectiveness. Creates internet and intranet job postings by utilizing departmental input in combination with the current job description of the open position. Assists in writing ads and position postings. Sources resumes through database mining and those received in response to job postings. Screens for qualified candidates. Utilizes staffing systems and processes to track, report, and measure status of each open position and to analyze data on demographics and hiring activity for use in designing recruitment plans. Stays current with recruiting trends and techniques to continuously improve services offered to clients. Practices excellent customer service internally and externally by contacting employee referrals promptly.
- Uses interviewing techniques that identify potential candidates by applying specific behavioral and situational competency-based. Queries candidates regarding necessary skill requirements. Uses questioning and listening techniques that identify and interpret the candidates’ needs and potential barriers to meeting organizational requirements.
- Makes hiring recommendations for the best-qualified candidate and negotiates packages/contracts. Negotiates fair and competitive salary offers using our Univeral Orlando Comp guidelines and by taking collected information into consideration while keeping internal equity in mind.
- Follows up on candidates with investigating references and degree verification. Provides necessary data for new hire paperwork, scheduling new hire orientation and offer letters.
- Maintains in-depth and current knowledge of all HR and its affect on recruiting strategies. Establishes and builds effective relationships with other areas of Human Resources. Such relationships should create a team environment that: 1) ensures smooth transition of candidates to new hire status, 2) increases requests for input on policies which may affect UO’s ability to attract quality candidates, and 3) keeps staff informed of internal changes that influence the recruiting process.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in business. Master’s degree - MBA is preferred.
- The ability to work, think and execute strategically.
- Demonstrated ability to create and execute successful recruiting strategies.
- Experience creating and implementing recruiting initiatives and special programs
- Passion for recruiting and an understanding of how to differentiate between average and high performers.
- Proven track record of recruiting top talent from high performing companies.
- Demonstrated competencies in the areas of recruitment, change management and negotiations. Professional demeanor and strong business acumen.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize workload required.
- Sound understanding and use of Applicant Tracking Technologies.
- Must be able to manage within all levels of organization.
- Strong understanding of business and business drivers.
- Strong influencing, project management and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-changing environment.
- Strong problem resolution and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent follow through and detail orientation skills.
- Strong inter-personal, oral and written communication skills.
- Must be self-directed and able to take the initiative.
- Proficiency in internet recruiting, sourcing strategies, networking and social media.
- Passion for and dedication to improving the candidate experience.
- Strong working knowledge of applicable employment laws, industry practices, and local and industry market conditions.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: PHR
EXPERIENCE: 7 – 10 years of recruitment and staffing experience with at least 3 years experience handling high level exempt roles in IT, Marketing and Sales.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
We regret, due to the volume of responses, only applicants of interest will be contacted. Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
To go directly to this position cut and paste the Job Posting number: 7792BR
IT'S A BIG UNIVERSE. WHERE DO YOU FIT IN?
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2012 Universal Studios. © 2012 Universal Orlando. All right reserved. EOE