- USA - Rockville Maryland, 20855
Best Buy is a multinational retailer of technology and entertainment products and services with a commitment to growth and innovation. We are on the forefront of technology’s rapid advancements, we thrive on challenge and change and we empower our people to do the right thing every time. Best Buy has locations around the world including Mexico, Canada, the United Kingdom and China.
We believe that each person matters, each conversation matters and each connection matters. Community partnership is central to the way we do business. In 2010, we donated a combined $25.2 million to improve the vitality of the communities where our employees and customers live and work. We invite you to explore Best Buy where you can use the latest technology, voice your thoughts and ideas and build connections that last a lifetime.
The Geek Squad Business Pro serves as an initial point of contact and advisor in-store for Small Business (SMB) customers with business (1-19 FTE) AV/IT needs. This team member will: Identify & engage walk-in SMB customers, build awareness in-store and in-market for the unique needs of the small business customer, drive in-store lead generation and close product & service sales to the SMB customer in-store.
Specifically, they will be responsible for raising both the level of general SMB customer awareness as well as the volume of leads and amount of revenue generated from the SMB customer segment in-store & market. These goals will be supported by establishing business credibility & relationships, satisfying the customer's needs in store when a retail solution can fulfill the need, and if needs cannot be met in store to send a quality lead for LRT/Acct. Man. follow-up. The Geek Squad Business Pro is adept at listening and understanding the needs of the small business customer, establishing rapport, showing empathy, and adept at building the appropriate AV/IT end to end solution - no more, no less.
In order to develop appropriate solutions for a wide range of SMB customers and needs, the Business Pro will need to possess strong AV knowledge, strong IT knowledge and a "good knowledge" of managed IT services, basic system design and features/benefits. The actual work schedule may vary from week to week based on customer demand. Hours of operation for this role would be Monday through Saturday 11am to 7pm in-store. Dress code is business casual for office/store time with branded attire.
• Work closely with internal store management and staff to identify and route small business walk-in customers to the Geek Squad Pro, understand their needs and create applicable IT/AV solutions.
• Capture/create a customer service record ("lead") for future follow-up for both transacted and un-transacted SMB opportunities, along with strong notes, timing and details, for entry into the database and proactive account management follow-up. Communicate w/Acct. Man. & customers as appropriate
• Build strong culture in the store and district around Small Business customer identification; needs understanding, solutions awareness and feedback to district (DSM) & corp. staff
• 2-3 years retail experience in Computers, Home Theatre, or Connectivity. Other equivalent accepted
• 2-3 years Customer Service experience
• 2-3 years Relationship Solution Selling
• High School Diploma Required. AA degree or Bachelors degree Preferred