Leadership Program for *HI-Potential Managers* (Lexington, KY area)
Company Name: Sears
Min Education: Not Specified
Job Type: Full Time
Min Experience: Not Specified
Required Travel: Not Specified
- USA - Lexington Kentucky, 40383
Responsible for learning and retaining the knowledge provided through hands on training to apply once promoted to Assistant Store Manager. The position assists Store Manager in managing the store including establishing priorities, following up to, and supervising store associates. Works with direct reports and other managers in order to ensure the implementation of corporate merchandising, operations, and human resources programs and directives. Controls expenses and works to reduce expense when possible. Follows up on all asset protection procedures to reduce invisible waste.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in retail or equivalent industry experience preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of store merchandising, operations, and retail management practices and procedures.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Availability to work during critical retail timeframes including Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and holidays.
- Ability to analyze information, identify root causes and develop/implement approved solutions.
- Effective oral and written communication skills necessary to communicate with all levels of internal and external team members and customers.
- Experience selecting, assessing, coaching and developing associates, preferably in a retail environment.
- Proven ability to manage and mentor team members, lead and influence cross-functional working groups and achieve results.
- Microsoft Office computer skills including Word, Excel and Outlook.